Undoubtedly, the past few weeks have been a trying time for the vacation industry and its travelers. Disney Vacation Club members have been feeling the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak as it comes to planning their future vacations. Not to mention, how they will manage to take the ones already on their calendars. Uncertainty is among all DVC members at this time.
Recently, the Senior Vice President of the club delivered a statement to members via email. The email included updates regarding what members can expect in the coming months with regard to banking and borrowing points.
Disney World Resorts, Parks Closed
It was stated that Walt Disney World and Disneyland will remain closed until further notice. Unfortunately for members, this includes all 15 of the Disney Vacation Club properties. Additionally, it was noted that most of the cast members are working remotely now. Employees who work in Member Services and Accounting are working from home as well. The Vice President, however, wanted all vacation club members to know that they still plan to provide efficient service through phone and online measures during these unprecedented times.
Disney Vacation Club Reservation Policy Updates
The email also detailed the temporary cancellation policy that will apply for members who have vacations scheduled. Disney Vacation Club will cancel all reservations on a week-to-week basis until further notice. This means that members do not need to call in or go online to cancel their reservations. Disney Vacation Club is doing this automatically and returning the points to members for the same Use Year.
Below are the added cancellation policy measures as stated by Disney Vacation Club:
- Vacation Points returned due to a cancellation of a resort reservation will not be placed in a holding account and will be returned to the current Use Year. This applies to all reservations checking in within the next 30 days.
- When a reservation involving Borrowed Points is canceled, the Borrowed Points will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from. This applies to all reservations regardless of arrival date. Please allow up to 15 business days for this process to be completed.
The following existing cancellation rules continue to apply:
- Reservation Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Collection Resort reservation will be returned as Reservation Points to the current Use Year.
- Reservations made with points Banked from the previous Use Year will be returned as Banked Points to the current Use Year.
- One-time use Points will be returned to the current Use Year as one-time use Points.
DVC Points Expiration Concerns Among COVID-19 Outbreak
Many members have voiced concerns regarding reservation cancelations that include points that will expire soon. At this time, DVC is still working on the best way to address this situation. They are currently evaluating possible solutions and plan to share their response in the future.
Of course, the uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 outbreak is having a major impact on their decision-making process. Undoubtedly, Disney Resorts and Parks hope to welcome all guests and cast members back soon, but the health and safety of everyone is their main priority at this time.
You may be wondering if now is a good time to add more or sell your DVC points. If you are looking to sell or buy DVC points, we can help. We are a team of licensed real estate agents who specialize in Disney Vacation Club with over 20 years of experience aiding buyers and sellers navigate the resale market. Not to mention, we have been Disney Vacation Club’s recommended reseller for 15 years.